Alabama is home to one state chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML):
- Alabama NORML (state chapter, based in Birmingham)
- Alabama Laws and Penalties, NORML
- Supposed ‘Medical Marijuana’ Measures In Alabama, Utah Are Anything But by Paul Armentano (March 25, 2014), NORML
- Alabama Takes Steps Towards Sensible Cannabis Laws by Richard D. Lively (June 26, 2014), TheLeafOnline.com
- Alabama: Legislative Gatekeeper Kills Medical Marijuana Bill, Claims State Doesn't Need It by Mike Adams (April 27, 2015) High Times
- Marijuana Laws in All 50 States: Oct. 27 by Mike Adams (October 27, 2014), High Times. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Alabama Chapters, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). Retrieved August 27, 2014.