Argentina, officially the Argentine Republic is a federal republic located in southeastern South America. Covering most of the Southern Cone, it is bordered by Bolivia and Paraguay to the north, Brazil to the northeast, Uruguay and the South Atlantic Ocean to the east, Chile to the west and the Drake Passage to the south.
Personal use in small amounts for consumption in private locations is legal in Argentina. Public consumption is generally accepted among young adults. Consumption for medical purposes is accepted but not legislated. Cultivating, selling and transporting large amounts is illegal and punishable by present laws.
- Argentina at Marijuana Travels
- Argentina Court Ruling Allows Pot Use (August 25, 2009), Cannabis Culture/CNN
- Argentina Decriminalizes Marijuana by Loretta Nall (August 26, 2009), Cannabis Culture
- 'Mucha Chala' in Argentina by Dragonfly de la Luz (September 25, 2009), Cannabis Culture
- Uruguay's neighbors now considering legalization of pot by Simeon Tegel (December 24, 2013), GlobalPost
- The Largest Marijuana March Ever? 150,000 Protest in Buenos Aires! by Phillip Smith (May 7, 2014), Cannabis Culture
- Cannabis In Argentina (January 27, 2015), Royal Queen Seeds
- Argentina court ruling decriminalizes marijuana and makes personal use a constitutional right (August 26, 2009), Daily News