Representative Ethan Orr plans to advocate for a measure legalizing recreational marijuana in 2015. According to High Times, "He claims to trust the public to pass a ballot initiative, and believes elected officials should approve the issue. Orr says the state could use the revenue from cannabis taxes to straighten out the state’s tanking budget."
Arizona is home to two state chapters and one regional chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML):
- AZ4NORML (state chapter, based in Tucson)
- FORML, or Flagstaff NORML (regional chapter, based in Flagstaff)
- NORML in Arizona (state chapter, based in Gilbert)
- Arizona Laws and Penalties, NORML
- Arizona Superior Court Judge: State-Licensed Dispensing Of Medical Cannabis Is Not Preempted By Federal Law by Paul Armentano (December 18, 2012), NORML
- 59% of Arizonians Want Marijuana Regulated Like Alcohol by Erik Altieri (January 14, 2013), NORML
- 56% Support for Legalizing Marijuana in Arizona by Erik Altieri (May 14, 2013), NORML
- Arizona: Supreme Court Rejects DUI Per Se Standard For THC Metabolites by Paul Armentano (April 23, 2014), NORML
- Arizona Marijuana-Legalization Campaign for 2016 Ballot Measure Becomes Official by Ray Stern (September 19, 2014), Phoenix New Times
- Marijuana advocates kick off 2016 initiative by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez (September 22, 2014), The Republic
- Campaign begins in Arizona to make recreational marijuana legal (April 17, 2015), Reuters
- Marijuana Laws in All 50 States: Oct. 27 by Mike Adams (October 27, 2014), High Times. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- Arizona NORML Chapters, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). Retrieved August 27, 2014.