Belize is a country on the northeastern coast of Central America. It is the only country in the area that has English as its official language; an English creole Kriol and Spanish are also commonly spoken. Belize is bordered on the north by Mexico, to the south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
Cannabis use in Belize is common and largely tolerated, however, possession can result in fines or imprisonment. In 2012, the Government of Belize announced that it was considering decriminalizing possession of 10 grams or less.
- Belize at Marijuana Travels
- Belize to Consider Decriminalizing Marijuana Possession (July 19, 2012), Cannabis Culture/Drug Policy Alliance
- Belize Asks Canada to Help Fight Spillover of Mexican Drug War (January 29, 2013), Cannabis Culture
- Cannabis in Belize (January 27, 2015), Royal Queen Seeds
- Belize at Wikipedia
- Drug Laws and Penalties in Central America (January 2, 2014), Go Central Aamerica
- Decriminalization of Marijuana (January 2, 2014), Government of Belize