|Lineage:||Blueberry x Haze|
Blue Dream (sometimes Blue-Dream or Blue Dreams) is a sativa-dominant hybrid strain of cannabis. Originally from the U.S. state of California, it is a cross of the indica Blueberry and the sativa Haze (sometimes specifically Super Silver Haze).
Blue Dream is a cross between the indica Blueberry and the sativa Haze (sometimes Super Silver Haze). Some phenotypes have an indica appearance, but most varieties lean toward the sativa end of the spectrum. Buds feature long, thick hairs and produce a "rich, with a subtle sugar-cookie funk" scent. Some varieties are frosty and covered in numerous trichomes, making them lighter in color. Vapor from the strain is smooth and creates a "sweet blueberry sugar" taste on the exhale.
According to Leafly, Blue Dream "balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration" and its effects "ease you gently into a calm euphoria". Leafly also says the following of the strain: "With a sweet berry aroma redolent of its Blueberry parent, Blue Dream delivers swift symptom relief without heavy sedative effects. This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients treating pain, depression, nausea, and other ailments requiring a high THC strain."
In his review for Medical Jane, Matthew Price wrote, "Being a 50/50 hybrid, you get the best of both worlds with this strain of cannabis. The effects are instant & plentiful, making it an instant favorite among most MMJ patients." Price also noted that varieties can vary, so the effects are not always "happy" and energy-inducing, and observed: "Generally speaking, the Blue Dream strain is popular for removing all types of stress and anxiety. Its calming mind-warp is a staple for the strain that is prominent in even the strongest Indica-dominant batches of Blue Dream I have come across."
Price of Medical Jane completed his review by saying: "It’s one of my go-to strains for a relaxing, thought-provoking, and stress-free experience. This hybrid strain seems to make the day’s endless list of things to do seem much more attainable. The effects generated from Blue Dream are typically long lasting, euphoric, and can be full-bodied depending on the cut of Blue Dream you have. Considered a personal favorite of most patients I speak to, Blue Dream is definitely a medical marijuana strain that is sure to grow in popularity for years to come."
"Blue Dream Strain Review & Balls Diffused Product Review" by Weedmaps TV (October 6, 2010) at YouTube:
- Strain Review: Blue Dream (June 24, 2014) at Cannabis Now
- Blue Dream (marijuana review) by Jake Browne (February 24, 2014), The Cannabist
- A few of our favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our critics by Jake Browne, Brittany Driver and Ry Prichard (May 27, 2014), The Cannabist
- Medical Strain of the Month: Blue Dream (November 3, 2012), High Times
- Blue Dream, Sativa at MedicalMarijuanaStrains.com
- Blue Dream proves popular marijuana strain in Portland, while Trainwreck reigns in Eugene, according to Leafly by Noelle Crombie (October 29, 2014), The Oregonian
- Blue Dream: Marijuana Strain Review (November 3, 2013) at Smell the Truth (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Blue Dream Marijuana Strain Reviews and Prices at StrainBrain.com
- Blue Dream at StrainSpot.com
- Blue Dream Marijuana Strain Review and Pics by Johnny Green (January 28, 2012), The Weed Blog
- Blue Dream Marijuana Strain Review and Pictures by Johnny Green (August 1, 2013), The Weed Blog
- Blue Dream at Weedmaps
- Blue Dream Strain Attributes at Wikileaf
- Blue Dream (cannabis) at Wikipedia
- Blue-Dream Medical Cannabis, Harborside Health Center. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- The 16 Top Medical Marijuana Strains: Blue Dreams, CNBC
- Blue Dream Strain Highlights, Leafly. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Blue Dream Cannabis Strain Favorited By Many Medical Marijuana Patients by Matthew Price (December 23, 2013), Medical Jane. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Leafly's Top 10 Cannabis Strains of 2014 by Bailey Rahn (December 31, 2014), Leafly. Retrieved January 5, 2015.