China, officially the People's Republic of China (PRC), is a sovereign state located in east Asia. It is the world's most populous country, with a population of over 1.35 billion, the second-largest country in the world by land area after Russia, and is either the third- or fourth-largest by total area, after Russia, Canada and, depending on the definition of total area, the US. China has the longest combined land border in the world and borders 14 nations, more than any other country except Russia, which also borders 14. China extends across much of East Asia, bordering Vietnam, Laos, and Burma in Southeast Asia; India, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan in South Asia; Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan in Central Asia; and Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea in inner Asia and northeast Asia. Additionally, China shares maritime boundaries with South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, the Philippines and Taiwan.
Cannabis is illegal in China when it comes to possession for personal use, however the plant is cultivated legally for its seeds and fiber, and has a long medicinal history in the country. According to website WeBeHigh.org, laws regarding the personal consumption of cannabis are slowly changing with officials becoming stricter, however this seems to be aimed more at locals.
- China at Marijuana Travels
- 2,700-year-old marijuana found in Chinese tomb by Dean Beeby (November 27, 2008), Toronto Star
- Huge Stash of Marijuana Found in Ancient Tomb (December 3, 2008), Fox News
- World's oldest marijuana stash totally busted by Jennifer Viegas (December 3, 2008), NBC News
- 5 Countries Where You Don't Want to Smoke Pot by LEOPOLD GLAS (August 29, 2013), High Times
- As cannabis is widely legalised, China cashes in on an unprecedented boom by Ian Johnston (January 5, 2014), The Independent
- China's Cannabis Contradiction by Bill Weinberg (July 2, 2014), High Times
- China media: Marijuana legalisation (August 21, 2014), BBC News
- Cannabis in China (February 4, 2015), Royal Queen Seeds
- China at Wikipedia
- Taxonomic studies of Cannabis in China (August 9, 2012), Hempfood.com. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Beijing, China (August 9, 2012), WeBeHigh.org. Retrieved September 1, 2014.