- He has said: "I don't favor legalization. I don't favor recreational use. I don't favor decriminalization. And I don't favor the use of marijuana as a medicine."
- In 2015, Christie said: "This should not be permitted in our society, it sends the wrong message. Every bit of objective data tells us that it’s a gateway drug to other drugs. And it is not an excuse in our society to say that alcohol is legal so why not make marijuana legal. … Well … why not make heroin legal? Why not make cocaine legal? You know, their argument is a slippery slope... To me, that’s blood money. I’m not going to put the lives of children and citizens at risk to put a little more money into the state coffers, at least not on my watch."
- Soon after, he said on The Hugh Hewitt Show that if he were elected president then he would "crack down" on the states that have legalized marijuana, saying: "States should not be permitted to sell it and profit" from legalizing marijuana."
- Chris Christie at Wikipedia
- Philly420: Gov. Christie's growing marijuana problem (March 26, 2015), Philly.com
- NJ Governor Chris Christie Calls Marijuana Taxes Blood Money by Mike Adams (March 31, 2015), High Times
- Chris Christie: ‘I Will Crack Down’ On Legal Marijuana As President by Johnny Green (April 16, 2015), The Weed Blog
- Why do Democrats scorn legal pot? by Steve Chapman (April 10, 2014), Chicago Tribune
- Chris Christie Says Marijuana Taxes Are Blood Money. Is He Right? by Robert W. Wood (March 27, 2015), Forbes. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President by Matt Ferner (April 14, 2015), High Times. Retrieved April 15, 2015.