The consumption of cannabis refers to the ingestion of the plant to acquire desired effects on the human body. This may be for medical, recreational or spiritual reasons and as such there are several ways to do this. Smoking is by far the most popular recreational method, however for many medical cannabis patients, this is often not a good option and as such vaporizers, edibles or teas are a preferred method. Suppository's are the preferred method for patients who wish to avoid the psychoactive effect the following methods induce.
Cannabis may be inhaled by burning its leaves, flowers and extracts in a variety of forms:
Passive smoking is the inhalation of smoke, called second-hand smoke, by persons others than the intended "active" smoker.
An alternative to smoking, a Vaporizer allows the inhalation of vapor while avoiding dangerous carcinogenic chemicals attributed to the smoking of cannabis. Vaporizers come in a variety of forms and are most commonly either portable or table-top units. Portable units generally use a chargeable battery, while table-tops use a mains electrical supply.
- See Also
- See also: Recipes
Cannabis may be consumed in a variety of edible forms.
- Cooking with Cannabis: Frequently Asked Questions About Putting Marijuana in Edibles by Zach Reichard (February 6, 2013), Medical Jane
- 10 Marijuana Edibles That Could Pass as 'Real' Food by Matt Ferner (October 15, 2013), The Huffington Post
- The food in Colorado is going to pot by Trevor Hughes (February 3, 2014), USA Today
- Marijuana edibles experiment shows urgency for parents to have the 'edibles talk' with kids by Theresa Marchetta and Catherine Shelley (May 5, 2014), ABC 7 News Denver
- Psychedelicatessen: Cannabis Cocktails by Elise McDonough (May 12, 2014), High Times
- Cannabis Kitchen: How to Make Infused Granola in Your Crockpot by Alexis Jones (May 20, 2014), Medical Jane
Cannabis tea is an infusion of cannabis in hot water.
- Cannabis tea at Wikipedia
- Marijuana Tea / Weed Tea, The Stoner's Cookbook
- Marijuana tea: What are the effects of a cannabis tea? by Ed Rosenthal (August 19, 2003), Cannabis Culture
- Health Benefits of Cannabis Tea by Ryan Hurd (March 30, 2011), Livestrong
- Recipe: Inflammation-Reducing Cannabis Tea by Angela Bacca (July 16, 2013), Ladybud
- Organic Compost Tea for Big Buds Naturally by David Bienenstock (December 17, 2013), High Times
- How To Make Marijuana Chai Tea by Johnny Green (December 22, 2013), The Weed Blog
- Recipe: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Tea (March 11, 2014), Leafly
- Ask a Stoner: Can I make weed tea? by William Breathes (August 1, 2014), Toke of the Town
- Cannabis consumption at Wikipedia
- The 13 Most Controversial Pipes (May 10, 2013), High Times
- Study: Marijuana Smoking Not Associated With Airway Cancers, COPD, Emphysema, Or Other Tobacco-Related Pulmonary Complications by Paul Armentano (July 9, 2013), NORML
- The Pissed Off Pothead: 7 Pet Peeves of the Smoke Orgy by Mike Adams (December 4, 2013), High Times
- 7 Best Cigars to Use for Blunts (February 19, 2014), High Times
- OCD Labs Amsterdam: 5 Tips For Making Amazing Hash Oil by Harry Resin (May 19, 2014), High Times
- Weed Recipes at Original Weed Recipes