Costa Rica, meaning "rich coast" in Spanish, officially the Republic of Costa Rica, is a country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Caribbean Sea to the east, and Ecuador to the south of Cocos Island.
Cannabis is illegal but there is a high tolerance of smoking marijuana throughout the country, a decriminalization system is implemented de facto since police officers do not detain people carrying enough for only personal consumption, yet no amount has been defined as a minimum for possession. Usage of Cannabis in Costa Rica is very high.
- Costa Rica at Marijuana Travels
- Cannabis in Costa Rica – Part 1 by Owen Smith (June 5, 2014), Cannabis Digest
- Cannabis in Costa Rica – Part 2 by Owen Smith (June 12, 2014), Cannabis Digest
- Costa Rica Debates Medical Marijuana Legislation (August 26, 2014), InSerbia News
- Cannabis in Costa Rica (February 5, 2015), Royal Queen Seeds
- PHOTO ESSAY: Marijuana Legalization March in Costa Rica by Alberto Font (May 10, 2015), The Tico Times (Cannabis Culture)
- Puerto Viejo, Cahuita Marijuana prices and where to buy weed in Costa Rica (February 17, 2011), Webehigh