Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and sense of well-being. Depressed people can feel sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, worried, helpless, worthless, guilty, alone, irritable, hurt, or restless. They may lose interest in activities that were once pleasurable, experience loss of appetite or overeating, have problems concentrating, remembering details or making decisions, and may contemplate, attempt or commit suicide. Insomnia, excessive sleeping, fatigue, aches, pains, digestive problems or reduced energy may also be present.
Depressed mood is not always a psychiatric disorder. It may be a normal reaction to certain life events, a symptom of some medical conditions or a side effect of some drugs or medical treatments. Depressed mood is also a primary or associated feature of certain psychiatric syndromes such as clinical depression.
- Best Cannabis Strains to Relieve Depression, Leafly
- Study: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) May Help Relieve Depression by Drake Dorm (August 28, 2013), Medical Jane
- The Best Marijuana Strains for Depression by David Downs (August 29, 2013), San Francisco Chronicle
- The Best Cannabis Strains for Treating Depression by Bailey Rahn (March 24, 2015), Leafly
- Depression (mood) at Wikipedia. Retrieved September 30, 2014.