Ecuador, officially the Republic of Ecuador, which literally translates as "Republic of the Equator") is a representative democratic republic in northwestern South America, bordered by Colombia on the north, Peru on the east and south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Ecuador also includes the Galápagos Islands in the Pacific, about 1000 km west of the mainland, which borders Costa Rica's Cocos Island.
Cannabis possession is not illegal as defined by Law 108. Possession of under 10 grams is considered personal, legal and is not punished. According to the Travel Channel, marijuana is smoked openly in Montanita.
- Ecuador at Marijuana Travels
- URUGUAY CHARTS NEW COURSE ON MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION by Alfonso Serrano (December 9, 2013), Al Jazeera America
- Cannabis in Ecuador (February 26, 2015), Royal Queen Seeds
- Ecuador-Drug Law Reform in Latin America (February 19, 2004)
- Ecuador: What to See and Do by Valerie Connors, Travel Channel
This page is a stub; you can help by expanding it.