Hybrid cannabis strains see breeders selecting the top sativa and indica strains and combining them into super strains that maintain the best aspects from both parents. Hybrids can be sativa or indica dominant.
Hybrids show traits directly related to the genetics in its lineage. Hybrids can be broken down into three basic categories:
- Sativa-dominant hybrids: Cerebral high with a relaxing body effect. Provides physical and mental relief. Examples include Headband, Sour Diesel, Purple Trainwreck.
- Even hybrids (50/50): Ideal strains for people seeking a perfect balance of head and body. Some examples: White Widow, Blue Dream, Purple Diesel, Super Silver Haze.
- Indica-dominant hybrids: These strains provide a full-body pain relief, with a relaxing head high. Recommended for nighttime use to go to sleep, or daytime relief from minor pain. These strains are perfect for patients who suffer from all types of autoimmune diseases as well as insomnia or depression. Some examples: Tahoe OG, SFV OG, Kosher Kush, Skywalker OG, Purple Urkel, Girl Scout Cookies, Blackberry Kush.
- Hybrid details (September 20, 2010), Leafly
- Understanding The Differences Between Cannabis Sativa, Indica, & Hybrids (June 28, 2013), Medical Jane