The group New Approach Idaho seeks to legalize medical marijuana, create an industrial hemp program for farmers, and decriminalize recreational cannabis. The Idaho Office of Drug Policy is against marijuana legalization, including medical cannabis.
Idaho is home to one state chapter and one college chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML):
- Idaho NORML (state chapter, based in Boise)
- Idaho Laws and Penalties, NORML
- How will Idaho be affected with the legalization of pot in Washington State? by Sophia Miraglio (May 15, 2014), KLEW-TV
- People march to legalize marijuana, opponents unmoved by Justin Corr (May 2, 2015), KTVB News. Relieved May 5, 2015.
- Idaho Chapters, National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Idaho NORML, NORML
- NORML at Boise State University, NORML