Ron Paul is an American politician. In 2011, he said: "Why don’t we handle the drugs like we handle alcohol? Alcohol is a deadly drug. What about — the real deadly drugs are the prescription drugs. They kill a lot more people than the illegal drugs." He and Barney Frank introduced legislation to legalize marijuana.
- Ron Paul on GOP Fear of Pot Legalization: ‘They still perceive that it’s a risky political position to take’ by Matt Welch (May 16, 2014), Reason.com
- The HIGH TIMES Interview: Ron Paul by Chris Simunek (May 25, 2015), High Times
- 10 politicians puffing about pot by MJ Lee (March 19, 2012), Politico
- Marijuana bill officially introduced to Congress by Ron Paul, Barney Frank by Tony Pierce (June 23, 2011), Los Angeles Times
- Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana by Catalina Camia (June 23, 2011), USA Today