|Lineage:||Mexican Sativa x Chemo;|
Chemdawg 91 x Northern Lights x Skunk
Sour Diesel, sometimes called Sour D, is a sativa strain named after its pungent, diesel-like aroma. Known for its fast-acting, energizing delivery and dreamy cerebral effects that have made this strain legendary. Stress, pain, and depression fade away in long-lasting relief that makes Sour Diesel a top choice among medical patients.
Its stimulating effects have won Sour Diesel a seat in the sativa category, but its poorly documented origins leave much room for debate. According to growing guru Ed Rosenthal, Sour Diesel originates from Mexican Sativa and Chemo. Other folklore will tell us Sour Diesel descends from Chemdawg 91, Northern Lights, and an unknown Skunk phenotype.
Sour Diesel was included in High Times magazine's "25 Greatest Strains of All Time" and at number two in "Leafly's Top 10 Cannabis Strains of 2014". Willamette Week (Portland, Oregon) said of the strain: "One whiff of this puckering fuel and you'll be ready to get your groove on, but make sure you remember snacks. While it will give you the munchies, its clear-headed high makes it the perfect introvert's party tonic. You'll hate this in a quiet office, but love it come happy hour."
- Mellow Gold: Testing the throwback super-strains of the ’70s. by Mary Romano (April 15, 2015), Willamette Week
- Sour Diesel Cannabis Strain Details (September 20, 2010), Leafly
- 25 Greatest Strains of All Time by Nico Escondido (October 9, 2014). Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Leafly's Top 10 Cannabis Strains of 2014 by Bailey Rahn (December 31, 2014), Leafly. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- Marijuana Strains by Mood by Tyler Hurst (April 15, 2015), Willamette Week. Retrieved April 21, 2015.