Susan Sarandon is an American actress.
- In 2014, in an interview published by The Daily Beast, Sarandon said: "My attitude about marijuana or anything is, 'Don’t be stoned if you have to pretend you’re not,' so I’d never do drugs if I was taking care of my kids. I like doing it in the Grand Canyon, or in the woods. You want to be prepared and not have responsibilities. It does remind you of your space in the universe—your place in the universe—and reframe things for you. I think you can have some very profound experiences."
- Furthermore, when asked about the decriminalization of marijuana in New York, she said: "It got decriminalized in small amounts. It will be legal everywhere, and that will cause a very interesting tipping point. Certainly, if more people were smoking instead of drinking, people don’t get mean on weed, don’t beat up their wives on weed, and don’t drive crazy on weed. They just get hungry, don’t go out of the house, or laugh a lot. I think it would make for a much more gentle world."
- In the same interview, on the topic of cannabis edibles, Sarandon said: "Well, it needs to be treated as a controlled substance in that you don’t give it to kids, and you don’t drive. Certainly, liquor has caused many more deaths. There’s never been a death by marijuana. And the money spent to incarcerate people, the money spent on the drug war, and the fact that cartels are running wild, it’s crazy."
- In 2014, The Cannabist included Sarandon in their list of "15 Famous Marijuana Moms".
- Susan Sarandon at Wikipedia
- Celebrity Stoners by Dana Larsen (June 19, 2003), Cannabis Culture
- Susan Sarandon on Marijuana: 'Everyone Should Be Able to Smoke Pot' (April 17, 2013), The Huffington Post
- Susan Sarandon confesses she was high at 'almost all' award shows except the Oscars by Zayda Rivera (December 12, 2013), New York Daily News
- 5 Celebrity Moms Who Smoke Pot by Jen Bernstein (May 12, 2014), High Times
- Susan Sarandon on Marijuana, Mushrooms and LSD by Steve Bloom (July 24, 2014), CelebStoner.com
- Susan Sarandon: Weed Makes for a 'Much More Gentle World' (July 26, 2014), High Times
- 'I shared some dope with her last June': Kathy Bates, 66, claims she smoked marijuana with actress Susan Sarandon, 68 by Alexa Rae Johnson (November 1, 2014), Daily Mail
- Susan Sarandon on Her Love Affair With David Bowie, Woody Allen’s Creepiness, and Psychedelics by Marlow Stern (July 24, 2014), The Daily Beast. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Sarandon: “(Marijuana) will be legal everywhere” by Ricardo Baca (July 24, 2014), The Cannabist. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- 15 famous marijuana moms by Brittany Driver (November 6, 2014), The Cannabist. Retrieved November 13, 2014.