The Oregonian is the major daily newspaper in Portland, Oregon, owned by Advance Publications. It is the oldest continuously published newspaper on the U.S. west coast, founded as a weekly by Thomas J. Dryer on December 4, 1850, and published daily since 1861. It is the largest newspaper in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
- In 2014, the newspaper's editorial board endorsed Measure 91, a proposed ballot measure to legalize recreational marijuana in Oregon.
- "Legal Pot: Marijuana's Future in Oregon" (2014), talk sponsored by The Oregonian as part of its "Oregonian Plus" series
- "Get Pot Right" (2015), panel discussion as part of the editorial board's "Big Idea" series
- Noelle Crombie, covers marijuana for The Oregonian
- The Oregonian at Wikipedia
- It's time to legalize recreational marijuana: Editorial endorsement (August 23, 2014), The Oregonian. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Oregonian: Marijuana Legalization’s Time Has Come by David Downs, San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Oregon’s Largest Newspaper Endorses Cannabis Legalization Initiative Measure 91 (August 24, 2014), The Joint Blog. Retrieved August 25, 2014.