Description and Effects
Trainwreck is a "mind-bending" sativa-dominant hybrid with strong sativa effects that "hit like a freight train". Mexican and Thai sativas were bred with Afghani indicas to produce this Northern California "staple", resulting in a "sweet lemon and spicy pine aroma". Its scent has also been described as "ground pepper with a dash of sweetness". It appears sprinkled with crystals, with many orange-colored hairs. Despite being sativa-dominant, Trainwreck appears and has a grow pattern more in line with indica strains. Flowers complete in early October outdoors; indoor plants are ready for harvest eight weeks into flowering.
The strain's effects have been described as beginning with a "speedy hurtle through the mind with a surge of euphoria, awakening creativity and happiness", and a "significant rush of adrenaline to the mind coupled with a nice body buzz". According to Medical Jane, Trainwreck "provides an intense head-high as well as a heavy couch-lock with just a few hits." It is recommended for arthritis, headaches/migraines, muscle stiffness, or pain due to its high THC content, or to relieve [Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder|ADD/ADHD]], anxiety, posttraumatic stress disorder, or stress.
In 2013, High Times included Trainwreck on its list of the top "15 Super-Potent Pot Strains with Awesome Names." The magazine's Mary Jane Gibson wrote: "Like a high-speed freight train that hits you when you were looking the other way, Trainwreck can be a major blast of potency… but in this case, 'All aboard!' Try riding this train to the end of the line for an unexpected adventure." Medical Jane called the strain a "patient favorite... memorable and delicious".
"The Clinic: Trainwreck" by Weedmaps TV (August 13, 2010) at YouTube:
- Trainwreck at Kind Green Buds
- Trainwreck at Marijuana.com
- Trainwreck at Weedmaps
- Trainwreck at Wikileaf
- Trainwreck Marijuana Strain Review and Pictures by Johnny Green (August 30, 2013), The Weed Blog
- Strain Reviews with The Strainger: Trainwreck (November 10, 2014), The 420 Times
- Trainwreck, Marijuana.com. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- TrainWreck Strain: Full-Bodied Medication by Matthew Price (August 21, 2013), Medical Jane. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Trainwreck Cannabis Strain Details, Leafly. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- Trainwreck, MedicalMarijuanaStrains.com. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- 15 Super-Potent Pot Strains with Awesome Names by Mary Jane Gibson (September 25, 2013), High Times. Retrieved August 28, 2014.