The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) is based in Washington, D.C. The District also has a chapter called DC NORML, established in January 2015.
- District of Columbia Chapters, NORML
- District of Columbia Laws and Penalties, NORML
- 63% of District of Columbia Voters Support Marijuana Legalization by Erik Altieri (April 17, 2013), NORML
- First Medical Marijuana Sale Reported in Washington, DC by Erik Altieri (July 30, 2013), NORML
- Washington DC Residents Strongly Favor Legalizing Marijuana by Paul Armentano (January 15, 2014), NORML
- House panel debates liberal D.C. marijuana law by Mike DeBonis and Aaron C. Davis (May 9, 2014), The Washington Post
- Drug Policy Alliance Hires Organizer To Help Advance Marijuana Legalization In D.C. by Matt Cohen (May 14, 2014), DCist
- Decriminalization arrives, and D.C. police prepare for sea change in marijuana laws by Mike DeBonis and Peter Hermann (July 16, 2014), The Washington Post
- Washington, D.C., Voters Strongly Support Marijuana Legalization by Matt Ferner (September 18, 2014), The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 19, 2014.
- DC And Oregon Just Voted to Legalize Marijuana by Josh Harkinson (November 4, 2014), Mother Jones. Retrieved November 5, 2014.