|Creator:||Green House Seeds|
|Lineage:||Brazilian sativa landrace|
x South Indian indica
|Flowering Time:||60 Days (indoors)|
The strain was first bred in the 1990s in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds (or by Shantibaba in Amsterdam in 1994, according to Weedist) as a cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a highly-resinous South Indian indica.
Description and Effects
White Widow is very resinous and has large white trichomes and a bittersweet scent. The strain flowers in about 60 days when grown indoors. The hybrid has an approximately 60% sativa to 40% indica ratio and is popular for alleviating aches and pains, anxiety, migraines, and posttraumatic stress disorder. Following consumption, "a powerful burst of euphoria and energy breaks through immediately, stimulating both conversation and creativity". Matthew Price of Medical Jane said, "Although this strain looks soft and sweet, she packs a punch that can easily put you in a stoney trance". Weedist said the strain contains more than 20% THC and produces an "intense" high. Furthermore, the site said that White Widow feels like a pure sativa and recommended it for daytime use only ("You’re not going to want to go to sleep, anyway").
The strain is carried by many seed distributors and can be found in most cannabis coffee shops in the Netherlands. According to Dinafem Seeds, "even non-smokers have heard of the name 'White Widow'. She's simply a classic among classics." White Widow was mentioned frequently in the television series Weeds and has been mentioned in many songs.
- White widow (cannabis) at Wikipedia
- My Top 10 Marijuana Strains For Feb by Matt Mernagh (March 4, 2012), Cannabis Culture
- White Widow - Green House Seeds at Cannabis Cup Winners
- White Widow at CannaCentral
- White Widow at MedicalMarijuanaStrains.com
- The Origins of the White Widow at Seedsman
- White Widow: Marijuana Strain Review by Oscar Pascual (September 24, 2014), Smell the Truth (San Francisco Chronicle)
- White Widow Strain Attributes at Wikileaf
- My Favorite Strains: White Widow by Charles Carmichael (January 22, 2013), Weedist. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- White Widow Cannabis Strain Details (May 22, 2014), Leafly. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- 10 Cannabis strains every grower should try at least once (September 1, 2012), Dinafem Seeds. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- White Widow Very Popular In Amsterdam, For Good Reason by Matthew Price (November 5, 2012), Medical Jane. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- White Widow Marijuana Strain Review And Pictures by Johnny Green (August 10, 2013), The Weed Blog. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- 25 Greatest Strains of All Time by Nico Escondido (October 9, 2014). Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Leafly's Top 10 Cannabis Strains of 2014 by Bailey Rahn (December 31, 2014), Leafly. Retrieved January 5, 2015.